Friday, December 2, 2011

Surviving Winter in Summer Clothing





Dress: Target (on clearance!)
Sweater: Banana Republic
Belt: J.Crew
Boots: Sam Edelman (super sale @ Bloomingdale's last season;
still available on Amazon)

I have to be honest, this outfit is mostly just an attempt to make myself feel better about having bought a ridiculous amount of cute sundresses this past summer. As usual, I got sucked into the warm, beautiful summer weather here, and my brain apparently blocked out the fact that it's winter in Minnesota for the majority of the year. For some reason I thought stocking up on summery dresses like I was going on a year-long beach vacation was an acceptable activity. So, rather than packing up my stockpile of dresses and weeping as they go to live in my basement for the next 4-6 months, I'm forcing myself to pair them with various layers and wear them through the cold winter months. Dresses, meet my tights, sweaters, and boots. Now you're all twice as useful! We'll see how long this seasonal mash-up lasts. My will to repurpose my dresses may be no match for Mother Nature's determination to make me freeze my butt off here. She's such a jerk.

These photos also mark the first time I managed to coerce one of my coworkers into taking outfit photos of me. These were awkwardly staged in our creepy storage area so we didn't have to venture into the frozen tundra outside. Luckily I work in an office where this (hopefully) won't get me fired. I'm pretty clumsy in the winter, so there's a good chance that staged photos of me outdoors would equal A LOT of falling. Not a pretty sight. So let's just assume that all winter photos will be an indoor occurrence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment — you'll make my day! xoxo Ali