Monday, December 12, 2011

Keeping Things Casual

    
 




Sweater: Gap
Button-down shirt: J.Crew
Jeans: Seven for All Mankind
Boots: Michael Michael Kors
Necklace: Anthropolgie (similar here)


My office has a dress code called "Dress for Your Day," which basically means you can dress like you're celebrating casual Friday all the time as long as you're not doing anything important like meeting with clients or something. Since I have no clients and my day typically involves sitting at my windowless desk in the basement, I'm pretty much free to wear what I want. You'd think this would make getting dressed easy, but it's actually harder than you'd imagine. Most Friday mornings (especially those in the winter), I spend my getting-ready time having a long, hard talk with myself about how it's not acceptable to leave the house in pajamas. Since this usually happens while watching Boy Meets World reruns, it's an even harder sell. 


In lieu of leaving the house in sweats/pajama pants, my Friday outfits usually consist of me asking, What is as close to wearing sweatpants as I can get and still look semi-presentable? Hence this cozy button-down shirt, sweater, jeans, motorcycle boots combo, which I can truthfully say was looking a little butch when I first put it on. Luckily, I believe a ridiculous statement necklace can jazz up almost anything. Even a look that might otherwise be described as "lumberjack chic."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment — you'll make my day! xoxo Ali