Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays




Skirt: Zara, Tutleneck; Norstrom, Booties: Steve Madden Luxe, Purse: Marc by Marc Jacobs,
Necklace and Bracelets: Ann Taylor

This outfit was supposed to be a two-for-one deal: Christmas Eve mass and dinner. But we made the rookie mistake of putting my teenage brother in charge of figuring out what time church was, and so obviously we missed it. I rushed to put this outfit on, and now I have no choice but to continue wearing it until dinner. Luckily I love this skirt so much, or Christmas Eve would be going downhill quickly. I suppose I could change back into what I was wearing before this, but considering that was my pajamas, it's probably best if I don't. It was a major accomplishment to get out of them, and once they go back on, I'm not leaving the house. It's totally fine, though. Lounging around in sequined miniskirts is pretty much a normal occurrence in my life.

We have Christmas Eve dinner at a family friend's house every year, and as part of the tradition the whole group reads The Polar Express. The night invariably ends with us divided into two groups: the group trying to do a serious, emotional reading of The Polar Express, and the group insisting on performing train sound effects until everyone acknowledges how good they are at pretending to be trains. I hope your Christmas Eve is as entertaining as mine and that your Christmas morning is filled with opening presents in your pajamas (hopefully with good hair, because there will be pictures), just like mine will be. Happy holidays!

1 comment:

Leave a comment — you'll make my day! xoxo Ali