Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Presents





Sweater: Elizabeth and James, Turtleneck: J.Crew, Boots: Frye

Since I didn't wear any of my Christmas presents yesterday, I thought I should make up for it by wearing all of them at once today. Makes sense, right? Go big or go home, that's what I always say. Technically this Elizabeth and James sweater was a Christmas present to myself on Black Friday, but hey, a present is a present, no matter who's paying. I probably paid more for it than I should have, but (and I'm sure this will come as a surprise to exactly no one who knows me) I'm a total sucker for anything involving the Olsen twins. Plus, I'm going to a college bowl game later, and while I'm not really into football, I am into food and booze. These Frye boots are going to make it super easy to smuggle in my other favorite Christmas present: disposable flasks. I'm like one wrong step away from being that hobo who carries booze around in a Ziploc bag.

I got to hang out and go shopping with my back-home bestie this morning, who coincidentally, just started her own hilariously witty blog. You should check it out here. Word to the wise: I did a lot of awkward laughing out loud when I read it, so you might want to make sure you're someplace where that's acceptable before you dive in. Shopping with her was a major success. Many H&M purchases were made, but more importantly, we discovered a new store that sells only gummy bears. It was like my dream come true. We spent about 30 minutes taste testing every flavor they had before walking out with a pound of gummy bears. It might have been my favorite purchase we made.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE. This sweater is even more amazing in person. Super chic, especially when paired with that belt.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment — you'll make my day! xoxo Ali