Monday, December 26, 2011

After-Christmas Madness






Cardigan: Winter Kate, Tank top: Nordstrom, Jeggings: Democracy, Belt: Nordstrom,
Booties: Steve Madden Luxe, Bracelets: Ann Taylor and assorted, Ring: Ann Taylor, Earrings: Target

Waking up this morning to a million after-Christmas sale emails was almost as good as Christmas morning for me. Especially considering I was just a teensy bit hungover after too much Christmas wine drinking with the cousins. But you better believe all those emails perked me right up. They were like a fabulous, belated gift from the retail industry. (Thanks, retail. You always know what to get me.)

Braving what's sure to be total chaos at the mall isn't even a deterrent for me. It's like my own personal challenge. Some people do Iron Man competitions (or whatever it is that physically fit people participate in...clearly I don't know). I shop after-holiday sales. We'll see who has more to show for their efforts when all those other people are mall walking in their old age, and I'm a horribly out-of-shape, but well-dressed senior citizen. I can move easily in this outfit, which is basically my only requirement for this kind of shopping. It'd be hard to box people out and snatch things from other shoppers' hands if I had limited mobility. I'd never make that mistake. This isn't my first time at the rodeo.

2 comments:

Leave a comment — you'll make my day! xoxo Ali