Friday, December 23, 2011

Black and Tan and Red All Over


  
 





Dress: Francesca's, Sweater: Ann Taylor, Boots: Nine West, Purse: Marc by Marc Jacobs,
Necklace: Ann Taylor, Bracelets: Ann Taylor and assorted others
 
I know Thanksgiving is the time you're supposed to list all the things you're grateful for, but there's still plenty to be thankful for at Christmas, right? Today I'm grateful for lunches with friends that force me to actually get dressed and leave the house. Otherwise I can say with 100% certainty that I would have spent all day today elbow-deep in cookie dough while wearing my pajamas. (Elbow-deep as in baking, not because I was stuffing my face. Although, neither one would be bad way to spend a day if you ask me.) I'm also grateful for weather warm enough that I didn't catch hypothermia while trying to take these photos outside. Today also gave me a chance to wear this dress, which I've been dying to pair with tights and boots ever since summer ended. I actually put it on to wear to work a few weeks ago before realizing that showing that much upper thigh in the office was probably taking "dress for your day" a little far and likely to get me a one-way ticket to the HR office. 

Somehow everyone at our lunch today showed up in almost exactly the same color palette: black and tan plus red and/or green. We were the most unintentionally coordinated group of ladies who lunch I've ever seen. I'm sure we were all inspired by Oscar, my friend's dog, who, by the way, is so cool he even has his own Facebook page. My friend jokes that they only bought him because he matches her mother's wardrobe so well. Looks like he's starting a trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment — you'll make my day! xoxo Ali