Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Gym-Rat Style


Hard Tail 'Drop-Back' Top
Hard Tail Empire Waist Tank
Hard Tail Roll Waist Flare Leg Pants
Hard Tail 'Empire' Back Cutout Tank

After weeks of holiday eating with absolutely zero exercise to counteract it (unless you count walking from store to store at the mall), today is the day I make myself return to the gym. It's going to be pretty rough, you guys. But if I don't want to turn into Regina George ("Sweatpants are all that fits me right now!"), it's a necessity. I am not one of those perky people who feels energized after exercising. Most of the time, I just feel tired and sweaty and hungry. And I'll be the first to admit that my gym attire is not my best look. When I go to the gym, I just want to get it over with, not dress up for it. I want to listen to some Miley Cyrus and read my trashy tabloid magazines and watch Food Network. That's the only way I can actually survive exercising. By distracting myself with a million other things. 



All of this probably explains why I go to the Y. It's the kind of place where a man in my Pilates class consistently brings a half-gallon of apple cider to class and chugs it like it's no big deal. And the guy at the check-in counter acts impressed when I show up on a semi-regular basis and compliments my hair when I make any attempt at styling it. (Seriously, I wore it down once, rather than up in a messy bun on top of my head, and he  asked me if I'd gotten it cut. It was embarrassing to have to say, "Um, no . . . I just washed it . . . but thanks.") Since I clearly look like I'm one step away from homelessness when I go to the gym, one of my New Year's resolutions is to start collecting some slightly more attractive exercise clothes. I already own a few Hard Tail items (although they're typically more money than I want to spend on clothes I'm just going to sweat in), and they're fantastic. Cute and comfy, without screaming "I'm trying too hard!" (Plus, any clothing line that makes tank tops long enough to fit my freakishly long torso gets a thumbs-up from me.) Above are some of the items on my extensive wish list. What do you guys think? Are cute exercise clothes worth the investment?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment — you'll make my day! xoxo Ali