Friday, May 11, 2012

Short & Sweet



  

Skirt: Jason Wu for Target, T-shirt: Ann Taylor, Shoes: Nine West, Necklace: Eddie Bauer,
Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelets: Simon Sebbag and Ralph Lauren
 

If I look a little frazzled in these photos, it's because they were taken in the 3-minute window after I careened my way home from work (blaring teeny-bopper music the entire way) and before I literally sprinted back out the door to happy hour. I almost had to take them barefoot because I seriously didn't think I could wear these shoes for one more second. They're fine at first, but after hobbling around Target in them I practically lost circulation in my toes. Because clearly shopping at Target is what I needed to be doing. Like I need more dresses from there. I'm still struggling to work my way through everything I bought on my last Target shopping spree. Case in point, this Jason Wu for Target skirt, which I bought in February and didn't wear until yesterday. I'll confess, it was a little tighter than I remembered it being when I bought it. I may or may not have had to sort of tip over into the driver's seat of my car while wearing it. (And by that I mean I obviously did.) It was that or hike it up to hip-height, and while that might have been entertaining, I think we can all agree that flashing people in the parking lot probably isn't the most ladylike option. I don't know how the entire cast of Ally McBeal got away with wearing skirts this tight for 5 seasons. Maybe because they never had to get in and out of car. On the upside, wearing this skirt did give me a chance to practice getting in and out of my car like my idol, Kate Middleton. Now if I could just get ahold of Prince Harry I could practically be her doppelgänger

2 comments:

  1. Very nice outfit! cute skirt!

    http://themadcreationist.blogspot.it/

    Giuseppe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, the skirt looks great on you, so who cares if it's a little tight :) Really love that white blouse too - so pretty!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment — you'll make my day! xoxo Ali