Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Retro Chic






Dress: Jason Wu for Target, Shoes: Franco Sarto, Watch: Michael Kors, Necklace: Elizabeth Ngo,
Bracelets: Simon Sebbag and Ann Taylor, Sunglasses: Armani Exchange

Don't be fooled by how ladylike this navy shirtdress from the Jason Wu for Target collection is. I literally had to throw elbows at Target in order to snag some of this collection. But it was well worth is. The dresses that I snatched up are so retro and gorgeous that they instantly make me feel more ladylike. (As opposed to some type of crazed shopping monster hopped up on too much Starbucks, which is a more accurate description of my personality the morning of the Jason Wu launch.) Some of my favorite style bloggers have been showing off the striped version of this shirtdress recently (check it out here and here), which I also tried on. Unfortunately with my coloring that version made me look like a big blond blob, which is not the look I'm going for. I know, shocking, right? But luckily this pleated navy-dot shift dress is equally lightweight and perfect for spring. I originally had this dress paired with a studded blue leather jacket, but it was almost 80 here the other day and heatstroke is not attractive, so I had to ditch it. Not that I'm complaining. I'll take summer weather in March any day. Of course I try to start mentally planning for Fourth of July the other day, so maybe I'd better pace myself. 

1 comment:

Leave a comment — you'll make my day! xoxo Ali