Monday, March 26, 2012

Day Dates



     




Dress: Francesca's, Vest: Banana Republic, Belt: Francesca's Shoes: Franco Sarto, Clutch: Jason Wu for Target, Sunglasses: Michael Kors, Watch: Michael Kors, Earrings: Target, Ring: Elizabeth Ngo
I always plan to take more outfit photos on the weekends, since I feel like my outfit choices are way more fun and interesting when they aren't also required to be work-appropriate. (Miniskirts tend to be frowned upon at the office, I've learned.) But on weekends I'm usually either A) So busy running around that I don't have time to take photos or B) Watching terrible movies/TV on my couch, which doesn't require me to be dressed. But this Saturday I had a lunch date, and since I spent so much time stressing over what to wear (and debating it with my best friend via email), I decided it was photo worthy. 

I'm going to honest, dating stresses me out. Especially first dates. At least day dates are slightly less horrible . . . in theory. I mean, how bad could things get if it's all going down in broad daylight, right? (Although that didn't stop me from wanting to stress vomit and/or pre-game ahead of time.) We had gorgeous weather here this weekend — perfect for a rooftop lunch date. Unfortunately, warm weather goes hand in hand with horrible humidity, and my hair and relative humidity are basically mortal enemies. True story. So clearly a dress was my only option in the hopes that flashing some leg would help distract from potentially terrible hair. It seemed to work, probably due to the fact that this dress is pretty dang short. My date even made a reference to my "stems," at which point I immediately thought of Clueless and almost swooned. (And just in case anyone was wondering, the date went well and did not involve any stress vomiting or pre-gaming on my part.) 

5 comments:

  1. You, and your hair look great. Glad to hear the date went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah! The term "stems" makes me think of clueless too!!! Well I'm glad it went well!! That's exciting! You looked perf for a lunch date :)
    Best,
    Casey
    Girl in the Poodle Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look SO pretty! And I'm totally jealous of all that sunshine over there. Glad the date went well :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit! I love the vest over the dress!

    Lindsey
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are adorable, dear. I love that dress!

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment — you'll make my day! xoxo Ali