Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Celebration Skirt




 

Skirt: Zara, Shirt: J.Crew, Tights: Gap, Booties: Steve Madden Luxe, Watch: Michael Kors, Necklace: Elizabeth Ngo (antique button)
I like to think of this skirt as my celebration skirt. Like, just in case an amazing party should happen to break out, I'll be ready to start celebrating at a moment's notice if I'm wearing this skirt. (If that happens today, I'll have to attend with slightly dirty hair, but hopefully all the bling on my lower half will distract from that.) I dare you to find anything that says "I'm ready to celebrate!" more than a gold sequined miniskirt in the middle of the workweek. I'm sad to report that this skirt hasn't caused any parties to break out yet today, but it's still early, so I refuse to abandon my faith in the power of gold sequins. Since it is a Wednesday, and I do work in an office, and my mother expressly told me I should not wear this skirt to work (sorry, Ann), I paired it with my favorite chambray shirt to tone it down a bit. That plus dark, opaque tights (obviously) since I don't work in a brothel. Gold sequins was enough for my office to handle without throwing some upper thigh into the mix.

3 comments:

  1. That skirt = amaaaazing! I especially love how you paired it with the chambray top! Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely wear this skirt to work (and I have)! Love the way you paired it with the chambray - so cute :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. so jealous of that skirt….! Can I have that please?
    Best,
    Casey
    Girl in the Poodle Shoes

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment — you'll make my day! xoxo Ali