Monday, April 23, 2012

Lazy Mondays


  



Jeans: Democracy, Sweater: J.Crew, Leather Jacket: Trouve (Nordstrom),
Shoes: Kenneth Cole, Necklace: Eddie Bauer, Sunglasses: Kate Spade


Monday is always the hardest day for me to get dressed. It's also the hardest day for me to even get out of bed, so I'm guessing there's some correlation. You'd think I'd come back from a lazy weekend re-energized and perky and ready to take on the world, but if you thought that, you clearly don't know me. My usual enthusiasm level most Mondays ranges somewhere around sloth-like, so summoning the energy to wake up, let alone put on real-person clothes (i.e. NOT my Northface fleece pants) is like trying to run a marathon. Throw in the fact that I've been sick for the past week or so and my body's main purpose lately seems to be making me cough up a lung, and it's a wonder I made it out of my robe this morning. So truth be told, this outfit probably isn't my best work. But it's easy and comfy, and that's all I can really ask for on a Monday. Plus I really just wanted was a chance to show off these new sunglasses, which make me feel sort of like Beyoncé. Round sunglasses and a Baby Bjorn are that girl's new favorite accessories. I mean seriously, all I need is a newborn, a thriving career in the music industry, a rapper husband, and about a bajillion dollars, and she and I could practically be the same person. 

1 comment:

  1. Cute studded jacket. And I feel you about Mondays! (and wishing I were Beyonce)...

    xLauren

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment — you'll make my day! xoxo Ali